The Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort, Fiji is dedicated to the protection of a pristine environment
where physical, mental and spiritual rejuvenation come naturally.
Jean-Michel says, "My team and I have been involved in education and ecotourism in Fiji since the 90’s and we have been partners with the owners and management team of JMC Resort, Fiji since 1995."
For many years, the Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort has prided itself in caring for the environment- long before it became fashionable, thanks to the influences of Jean-Michel and his team. Some of the core sustainability programs that are practiced at the resort are:
- Full- time marine biologist on staff who leads daily excursions, exploring coral reefs, rainforests and mangroves and conducts outreach programs into the local villages and schools
- Marine protected areas around the resort
- Constructed wetlands to treat and reuse waste water
- Organic garden
- The menus that do not include reef fish or farmed prawns
- Recycling of glass, metal, and plastic
- Composting of kitchen waste to create rich soil for the gardens
- Non toxic chemicals in the laundry
- Timber for construction from certified local forests
Click here to learn more about The Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort, Fiji.